When you’re choosing bathroom medicine cabinets, there are so many different styles available that you’d better know what you want before you buy one. And we’re not talking about just the size and color. So what exactly are your choices?
1. Surface mounted or recessed – Usually, a bathroom wall cabinet is mounted on the surface of the wall. This makes it much easier to put up, but may not look quite as nice as if it were set into the wall itself.
2. In a corner or in the middle of the wall – If you have a tiny bathroom, you may want to consider mounting your cabinet in a corner to save space. Then you could put a corner sink beneath it.
3. Mirrored or mirrorless – Most bathroom medicine cabinets come with a door that doubles as a mirror. This is useful if the cabinet is mounted above a sink, so you can use the mirror for shaving or applying makeup. As an alternative, you could mount your medicine cabinet somewhere else, and put a much larger mirror over the sink or vanity.
4. Framed or frameless – For a clean modern look, you could use a bathroom wall cabinet for which the door is actually the mirror itself, so there is no border around it. Or for a more down-home look, you could border the mirror with a wide frame, usually of wood.
5. Rectangular or oval shape – Traditionally bathroom medicine cabinets have a rectangular shape, as this style is much easier and cheaper to manufacture. But many people nowadays prefer a more romantic-looking oval shape, and it’s really not all that more expensive.
6. Single or multiple door – If you are using mirrored doors and want a larger mirror, one way is to buy a bathroom wall cabinet with two or more sliding glass doors. Some models now come with double hinges, or mirrors on both sides of the doors, so that you can see your face from each side as well as head on.
7. Modern style or vintage – If your home decor is modern, there are many bathroom medicine cabinets to choose from that will match this style. Or if you prefer an antique, or vintage look, you can buy a real antique, or a carefully simulated reproduction.
There are probably a few other choices that were omitted from this list. And there are some variations that also were not mentioned, such as mirrors with bevelled corners. So please write a comment if you want to mention your favorite option. And don’t forget to look at the author’s website below for even more ideas.