House Floor Plans Frustration
40×50 Floor Plans. There are so many ways to search for the best house floor plans for your needs it can be overwhelming. Have you been frustrated with the hundreds of house floor plan choices you have to try and sift through when you just type in information under a search option? Maybe you find house floor plans that look appealing but the exterior is all wrong for what you are looking for. Or maybe you go through the process of finding a plan you love only to be told it will cost too much to build in your market. Don’t worry we have a clear cut process to help you walk effortlessly through the house floor plans selection process.
Understanding the House Floor Plans Selection Process
The process of house floor plans selection is basically the process of assessing your new home needs including topics like the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you will want or need? How many garage stalls will fit your lifestyle? And the biggest one of all is how many square feet should you build. Now there are other important topics to consider here but we will cover them a little later on. From here you begin the process of sifting through the thousands of available plan options.
Many people buy books offering a broad selection of plans only to be disappointed with the fact that they cannot easily narrow down the search to only plans that fit their needs. Hopefully you will choose to simplify this process with a system that helps you narrow down just the house floor plans that fit your actual needs. This is most easily performed with online plan sites. However there are pitfalls to this process also.
What Selection Mistakes Do Most People Make
Most people start the process by a best guess as to what size home they should build. They either pick a size range based on a floor plan they found and liked while randomly searching online or they tour a home they like and assume that it is the size that will be right for their needs. There are frustrating problems associated with both of these methods.
Another common problem is to decide on a certain style of home or number of floors because of a beautiful home you have seen or toured somewhere else without exploring the related other options. So what is the best way to start this process, you ask?
The 5 Steps You Need To Know
1. Research your current market building costs. Contact a local realtor or custom home builder and discuss the average cost per square foot to build a home of the style you like. Now understand that this will only be an average because they can’t possibly guess your personal tastes and the finish materials are a large part of any new home cost.
2. During these same discussions ask questions like the cost difference to build a single level home as compared to a multi-level home. This is valuable information even if you are planning on a single level as your only option. The reason is that multi-level house floor plans costs are less per square foot and you may get more bang for your buck that way.
3. We are going to assume here that you have already looked into your financing options and have a good idea of the amount of your budget you can apply towards the actual building cost of your new home. Begin with this amount and deduct 10% right off the top. You will thank me for this advice in the end. Everyone goes over budget during construction, even the financial nerds can’t control every little detail that comes along.
Take this net building budget and divide this dollar amount by the average square foot cost to build you got from the realtor or builder. Since I hope they gave you a low and high range this will give you two new numbers. These numbers are the low to high total square footage house floor plans sizes you should be searching for. If you choose to look at multi-level house floor plans then you will be comfortable on the upper level of this number since your cost per foot will be lower.
4. Create a list of all the spaces or functions you will need or want in your home. Many people confuse this with how many rooms do you need, we will get to that in a minute. It is common for people to feel the need for more specific rooms than they actually need once they assess how they can multi-purpose some rooms.
From here you will create a list of rooms like number of bedrooms and bathrooms that you need and this list might be slightly different than you originally thought of. This is a good time to entertain the question of whether you really have to have all the bedrooms on one floor or not remembering the concept that multi-level space costs less.
5. Understand that every online plan you look at can be customized for a very nominal fee when compared to the cost of your new home. It’s worth a little to get it exactly right and there is no such thing as a perfect plan out there because there’s only one you. They can change room sizes, add an extra garage stall, and even change the entire exterior style to look like a different home design style.
Finding Your Perfect House Floor Plans Options
Armed with these 5 time tested tips you are now equipped with the knowledge to begin the search for the best house floor plans to suit your home building needs. But this is only the beginning. Building a new home is a dream that thousands of people get to enjoy for the first time every year. Continue your search for valuable information to help you take the house floor plans you find and use them to take your dream home to the next step!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6919658