Floor Mattress Ikea. Beds and futons have evolved tremendously over the centuries, from mats directly on the floor to provide a sleeping space, to the production of sprung mattresses and now memory foam products. Even today the question of why we use a bed frame or a futon frame still crops up.
There are several reasons why having a mattress on the floor may be worse for your health, here’s the top 5 reasons why is it recommended to raise a mattress off the surface of the floor.
1) Dust – Common dust gathers on the floor and it tends to get carried around by draughts. The consequence is that you are more than likely breathe in more dust by sleeping on or very close to the floor.
2) Bed bugs – Another issue is the bed bug parasite which live in our sleeping arena, including covers and the mattress itself. Bed bugs prefer to feed on human blood as you sleep at night and are becoming increasingly common. It is easier for bed bugs to get in your mattress if your mattress is on the floor.
3) Mould and mildew – There is a cause for concern that mould and mildew could become an issue when the mattress is directly on the floor as the mattress is not ventilated adequately. This kind of growth has been linked to wheezy, chesty coughs and the spread of infection from the lungs, chest infections have been strongly linked to sleeping in mouldy areas. Actually sleeping on a mouldy mattress is very bad and detrimental to your body’s good health.
4) Temperature – If you live in a cold environment, it will be colder closer, to the floor, so that may be a concern. There is also some concern that there are more drafts near the floor. Hot air rises, therefore cold air falls and it will form a draught close to the floor. Clearly, the reverse could be a concern if you live in a hot environment where breathing issues may harm sufferers of asthma, for example.
5) Health and comfort – if you suffer with joint problems it is painful to lower yourself all the way down on to the floor, and also getting up after your sleep when your body is relaxed proves a challenge too.
In summary, bed and futons frames are essential to prevent health disorders. Bed frames that are constructed with posture sprung slats are proven to relieve symptoms of back pain, or ease the suffering of someone who has an affliction resulting in spinal or joint pain. Let’s face it, a healthy good night’s sleep is imperative to everyone.
Not all houses have mammoth spaces, let alone spaces for their bedrooms. In fact, most modern families have limited spaces in their houses. Condominium spaces, while some are quite big, do not give much room for the bedroom. Many other people, especially college students and young professionals, live in dormitories and/or rent apartments wherein they cannot dictate what the size of their bedroom should be.
If you are any one of these people, or if you are someone who simply wants to have a bigger floor space in the bedroom, chances are you would be looking for a smaller bed. However, a smaller bedroom with a small bed and mattress do not need to look bleak and dull. You can make your mattress look stylish and interesting, may it be big or small. Here are some tips on choosing the ideal bed and mattress is for small spaces.
Sleeper Sofa Mattress
Also called a hide-a-bed, a sleeper sofa mattress is very ideal for young professionals living alone in apartments and condominiums. Ideally, a sleeper sofa mattress serves as a guest bed, not as your primary bed. A sleeper sofa mattress is a piece of furniture resembling a sofa or a couch which can be transformed into a bed.
Before, the sleeper sofa’s popularity has gone up but at the same time received a rather unpleasant reputation due to its instability and the discomfort it gives to the user. Today however, modern technology has improved both aspects of the sleeper sofa mattress. While it was invented to serve as a guest bed or as a secondary bed, people especially students living in a really cramped space can use a sleeper sofa mattress as their own beds.
Again, this is another kind of bed which is a popular and ideal choice for children and young students. It may not be as ideal for older people and people with disabilities though because in order to sleep, you have to climb up a platform. This is the design of the loft bed. The mattress is placed, or more aptly, lifted, on a platform above the ground.
The loft bed not only saves floor space but makes it usable for other things as well. The area below the loft bed, underneath where the mattress is lifted, can be used for a sitting space which can also double up as a sleeping space. There are also some models wherein the bottom area is fit with a built in desk and computer station. And then there are some models with storage area or even a built in dresser beneath the bed.
Another aspect where loft beds are ideal is that you can choose what size of mattress you want. Other space conserving beds have to have a single mattress. On the other hand, a loft bed allows you to have a single mattress or any size available. You can have a full mattress and still not use up any floor space.
This is very popular among families with many children. Most houses come with three bedrooms, one master’s bedroom for the parents and two smaller ones for the children. However, most families do not have just two children, but three and more. While twin beds are also widely used, wise parents opt to choose bunk beds to conserve bedroom space needed for their children’s growing number of things.
Bunk beds are the older cousins of the much younger loft beds. In a bunk bed, a mattress is placed at the bottom and another one on top. The two mattresses or bunks are separated by a short ladder, mostly three steps. While they have reached the peak of their popularity back in the 1980s, still they remain a necessity today. Some companies now even have triple bunk beds to save even more floor and bedroom space.
Then again, some people prefer the loft bed over the bunk bed because in a loft bed, the space underneath is much more flexible. You can use the bottom part for various needs, may it be for sleeping, for storage space, or for another furniture.
Among the four popular bed and mattress alternatives for smaller spaces, the Murphy bed has got to be the oldest, being popular back in the 1970s. Murphy beds are designed to allow its mattress to be folded up against a wall or inside a cabinet. This special design and option makes the Murphy bed still a very practical choice for saving spaces even after the peak of its popularity.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4993781